Coix is the dried and mature seed kernel of Coix, which is also commonly called coix, barley, barley, and coix kernel. It is a traditional medicinal and edible health food with certain medicinal value. Its most well-known effect is to remove dampness.
1. Anti-tumor: Coix seed oil and coix seed ester inhibit cancer cell metastasis and proliferation, induce cancer cell apoptosis, inhibit tumor blood vessel formation, and can increase sensitivity to radiation.
2. Regulate immunity: Coix ester and coix polysaccharide can significantly promote the production of antibodies by peripheral blood mononuclear cells in healthy people, promote lymphocyte transformation, and enhance humoral immunity and cellular immunity. Coix seed oil and coix seed polysaccharide can also enhance the immune function of T cells and have certain anti-aging effects.
3. Anti-inflammatory, analgesic and hemostasis: Coixin and β-sitosterol in coix seed have analgesic, anti-inflammatory and hemostatic effects. Coix seed oil can reduce bleeding time and shorten clotting time, and has analgesic and hemostatic effects.
4. Coix seed can inhibit osteoporosis, relieve fatigue, regulate the reproductive system, and treat skin diseases.
5. Raw coix seed. Raw coix seed returns to the spleen, stomach, and lung meridians, and has the effects of strengthening the spleen, exuding dampness, clearing away heat and diluting water.
6. There is a saying in Chinese medicine that "raw diarrhea and ripe tonic", so raw coix seed is often used to diuretic and dampness, relieve numbness and relieve pain. It is used when there is difficulty in urination, athlete's foot, rheumatism and paralysis pain.
7. The medicinal properties of raw barley are relatively cool and should not be used for a long time. Ripe barley has mild medicinal properties, and its spleen-strengthening and dampness-reducing effects are relatively good.