The color of black dates is formed naturally and does not require artificial intervention. Black dates are rich in protein, carbohydrates, organic acids, vitamin B and vitamin E, as well as trace elements such as phosphorus, calcium and iron. They are very nutritious, so they are also known as "nutrition warehouse".
1. Improve immunity. Black dates are rich in vitamin C, which can help us improve immunity, maintain skin elasticity, prevent gum recession, and reduce arteriosclerosis.
2. Protect the heart and lower blood pressure. The potassium content in black dates is very high, but the sodium content is very low. Because potassium can promote the excretion of sodium and soften blood vessels, eating black dates regularly has many benefits for the heart and blood pressure.
3. Relieve constipation. Black dates are rich in dietary fiber, which can promote gastrointestinal motility and increase the secretion of digestive juices, and can have a laxative effect.
4. Lower cholesterol. The pectin in black dates can prevent cholesterol from contacting digestive enzymes, bile acids and intestinal mucosa. It can also bind bile acids, thereby blocking the absorption of cholesterol and achieving the effect of lowering cholesterol.
5. Nourish and nourish the kidneys. Traditional medicine emphasizes the use of color to complement colors. The kidneys are black according to the five colors, so black dates have the effect of nourishing the kidneys. There is a vulgar saying: If kidney qi is sufficient, all diseases can be cured. Replenishing the kidneys is very helpful in improving mental and physical strength. The usage of black dates is the same as that of red dates. They can be eaten directly, soaked in water and made into soup.
Black dates are cold in nature, so people with weak spleen and stomach and pregnant women should not eat more, and avoid eating black dates on an empty stomach.